Deveron is now accepting applications for qualified individuals in the following areas Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Chatham, Barrie, Ottawa, Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, North Dakota and Iowa who are:
- Looking to work in a fast paced, high growth potential position;
- Willing to put in top level effort for competitive compensation;
- Provide high quality data for clients on a local and national stage;
What Can You Expect:
Our Data Collection Technicians work with Dispatch to complete assigned tasks in an efficient and professional manner. These operations typically include (but not be limited to): Soil Sampling, Plant Tissue Testing, Carbon Sampling, Boundary Mapping, Crop Mapping and other tasks related to Precision Agriculture.
To perform this work, you should be motivated by:
Outdoor work – the majority of our work is out in all conditions and highly independent (with fantastic support from office staff);
High level of adaptability and eager to learn – we provide thorough training for your tasks!
Handle basic reporting/tracking for daily jobs;
Properly handle/label samples – the key to our data is each sample taken;
Safely use company equipment and adhere to safety standards;
Excellent customer service skills;
What Do We Offer:
- Working outdoors!
- Comfortable working in all weather conditions; cold, snow, rain, wind, sun, etc.
- Opportunities for extended/additional hours
- Opportunities to travel for work
- Confident working independently with high levels of self-motivation
- Experience operating pickup truck with trailer and ATV (Valid drivers license required, must submit a driving records check)
- Physically able to lift a minimum of 50lbs., and walk for extended periods of time in fields
- Competence with technology (email, excel, google drive, handheld GPS unit, google earth, website platforms, GIS software)
- Routine maintenance, daily care, and minor repairs of equipment
- Precision Ag experience or familiarity is a plus!
- Competitive wages – pay structure options available
- All training and equipment provided
- Don’t meet the above requirements, but are passionate about agriculture? Please apply, and we can assess what training will be needed!
- Work for a rapidly growing industry with a top flight company!
- Have a positive impact on your local growers/farmers – they rely on YOUR samples for their plantings!
- Non-peak season flexibility; plan vacation times for the slow season!
- COVID-19 Considerations – limited personal contact is a benefit of this position!
Part-time hours: 20-50 per week
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $37, 440 per year ($18 per hour)
Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Chatham, Barrie, Ottawa, Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, North Dakota and Iowa