Are you interested in digital sales? Do you have a desire to demonstrate digital marketing works to a traditionally slow market? Are you ready to work in an environment that rewards you for being a taking initiative and being a self-starter?
Deveron is a rapidly growing precision Agriculture company which has doubled in revenue for the past four years. Our team is comprised of outstanding professionals in the Ag Industry related to agronomy, sales management, logistical management, software development, finance, and more. The average experience in the Ag industry exceeds 15 years covering all North America. We are helping bring the agriculture industry into the cloud and the data driven world. As an SDR at Deveron, you will play a key role in building our sales pipeline to support our rapidly growing business.
We believe that agriculture clients are extremely knowledgeable clients and are relying on the internet and digital marketing more and more. Our clients range from individual growers to multi-national corporations such as Bayer and Indigo Ag. You will coordinate closely with our sales organization to support, research and prospect activities for new accounts to secure a steady flow of new qualified opportunities.
The SDR very often has the first opportunity to make a positive impression on a potential customer. You will be responsible for starting an experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow up. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, with high energy, positive phone presence, have a team player mentality, and is willing to take coaching advice and apply it immediately.
- Soil Sampling and In-field collection requirements
- Conduct online research and identify new marketing and sales leads.
- Assist in the improvement of our established customer journey though creating marketing content.
- Assist in refining our identified customer persona and identifying key opportunities.
- Generate inbound leads through digital marketing
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information.
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by variety of outside sources
- Profile strategic accounts identifying key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle
- Set appointments for the sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture new marketing leads by educating and developing prospects until they are ready to speak with a field sales rep
- Drive attendance for webinars and set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
- BA/BS degree preferred
- A Background in agriculture preferred.
- A commitment to personal development and an attitude of self-motivation.
- Willingness to cold call and email daily
- Able to immediately follow-up with inbound leads – through phone and email
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to speak effectively with a broad range of clients ranging from individual growers to agri-business leaders.
- Solid organizational and time management proficiency.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- This position absolutely requires a dynamic, driven, competitive person capable of strong individual contribution and ability to accomplish, with a sense of urgency, exceptional results.
- Bonuses for meeting training goals
- Commission for initially meeting activity goals.
- Commission for sales enabled
- Paid holidays for all federal holidays
- 5 days of PTO per year
- 7 days of vacation per year for year one
- Eligibility for bonus and commission
- Casual dress code
- Corporate gym membership
- Work near downtown Kansas City.
Months 1-3, You’ll…
- Train in the field with our field collectors
- Learn fertility management and carbon sampling protocols
- Build an understanding of UAV processing and flight processes
- Shadow Operational Coordinators
Month Four, You’ll…
- Progress through our training program
- Learn the precision ag industry
- Learn our customer persona and customer journey
- Conduct industry research